Disruption continues on Transport for Wales rail network

South Wales Central AM, Andrew RT Davies, has criticised Transport for Wales (TfW) after another weekend of chaos for commuters on the south Wales rail network.  

WalesOnline has reported that TfW was due to roll out 186 extra Sunday services this weekend but the franchise has been plagued by cancellations over the last two days.

Around 30 services were cancelled on Saturday and 11 more on Sunday which TfW said was due to a lack of staff. Ten services have so far been cancelled on Monday including a number from Cardiff Central station.

Commenting on the ‘shambles’, Andrew RT Davies AM said:

“The rail network in south Wales is a shambles and my constituents deserve a much better service than they are currently receiving from Transport for Wales.

“Labour’s economy and transport minister promised there would be numerous ‘quick wins’ on the launch of the service but things have only got worse.

“We’re seeing an appalling level of customer service following a number of broken promises, which is having a detrimental impact on the lives of hardworking people.

“Transport for Wales and the Welsh Labour Government are out of excuses and both organisations need to get a grip on the situation before people give up for good on public transport in south Wales.”