Welsh Conservatives believe that young people in Wales deserve the very best start in life. In Wales, education policy is the responsibility of the Welsh Labour Government.
After 19 years of Welsh Labour control, the Welsh education system has fallen down the international league tables.
Welsh Conservatives in the Assembly would bring forward proposals to reform the education system in Wales.
- restore Wales' reputation for excellence in education
- make sure Welsh children have the skills they need to compete in the global race
- Welsh Conservatives would fund schools in Wales directly, empowering parents, teachers and governors
- support teachers in Wales
- support our world-leading Welsh universities